Saturday, December 8, 2007

SNOW!!!!

Ah, its December and we are in the process of recieving the perfect Colorado snowfall! The wind is not blowing at all and the snow is ever so lightly falling. Sybil and I went out just before dark and played. Well she played and I shoveled the driveway. ;) Our neighbors have an inflatable snowman they put up right next door and every few minutes one of them would step outside and shake the snow off of him. It was weighing him down and causing him to droop. Too cute really!


In other news:


I had another appointment with my wonderful Dr this past Monday. Silly me, though, I missunderstood her directions for taking my adrenal glandular and its delaying my thyroid medication a few weeks. Our initial appointment was a really long time and we talked about a myriad of things, so I ended up taking only one capsule of the glandular per day and I was supposed to gradually increase to taking 6 capsules per day. But that enabled us to get a better clue of where my adrenals are because at first the one glandular per day gave me such a boost in energy that I had a natural desire to exercise. (And it didn't hurt to be watching the program Last One Standing on the Discovery Channel either. Something about seeing all those guys pushing themselves in their competitions brings back nostalgic feelings for me, from my Army days.)


Since Monday I have been increasing my adrenal glandular. Today is the first day to increase to the 6 capsule recomendation. I haven't been as tired today and I think its helping. In previous years I would get sooo tired shoveling the driveway that I wouldn't be able to even finish, it would take me hours, or I would stop and not get the sidewalk finished. Then I would have to go inside and lie down for the rest of the day. But today I was able to work quickly and finish both the driveway and sidewalk. And I had enough energy to fix dinner for Sybil and THEN I even shoveled the back deck so the dogs wouldn't track in the six inches of snow that have fallen.

My Dr. wants me to report back to her how I'm doing and also chart my temperatures and blood pressure for the next two weeks. She has called in a Perscription for my thyroid and also for some Cortisol (she believes that I may need more than just the adrenal glandular). I am seriously getting impatient waiting to begin taking my thyroid medication. I'm really excited to see how I can improve! Especially since I've been doing so much better on just vitamins.


Tomorrow I will take some pictures of the snowman next door and the snow. If I am feeling adventerous I may even venture out and go for a hike, and post those pictures as well.

No comments: