Sunday, February 24, 2008

Spring Fever

Today was gorgeous and sunny! I think its the first day all summer that I truly didn't need a jacket and not be at least a little chilled. So I did wear a sweater. I'm just glad I didn't see anyone walking around in a Colorado State sweatshirt, shorts and sandals...yet. :) Hey, its Colorado, right? You really can't be in Colorado without having some of our modern hippies walking around like that sporting their fancy dread-locks and hemp necklaces.


But really, it was so pretty today, I just needed some alone time with God. Some time to really devote to Him. So I went to a local park that is always a pleasure to go to no matter what time of year. There is a small lake with a walking path all around it with absolutely stunning landscaping. And birds of all kind love the park as well as the people. There is always an ample supply of both around, but neither seem to be intrusive. We all just live in harmony together like one big happy family. I believe the park was built in the early 1900s if not late 1800s. Whoever designed it really knew what they were doing, there's even a rock along the path to pay tribute to the specktacle.

I wasn't having a very good day today so as soon as Sybil layed down for a nap, I took off for my sabbatical. I brought a blanket, my bible, a notepad for journaling and my Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. After spreading out the blanket I layed down on a sunny patch of goose poop (okay, really it was grass, which even had a few green shoots popping out) and spent some time reading and writting in the word, and lifted a few burdens to the Almighty and prayed for about an hour.

The wind kicked up a bit and the sun began to set, as I was getting ready to leave. It was so peaceful though, I think if I had stayed any longer, I would have fallen asleep!

I really can't wait for the weather to be like today was - every day. I've been living in my town for nearly 5 years now and I never used to leave the house, so its only just within the last year or so that I have been discovering great spots like the one I visited today. I can't say its all been me, though, I have met some other nice young mother's like myself who have been helping. :)


My spring fever has officially sprung!

No comments: