Sunday, October 28, 2007

Curly Girl Challenge -- Day 3



Today is day 3 for my curly girl challenge. It is considerably curlier with some loose ringlets forming. I wish my hair was longer now as it would be very exciting to see ringlets that cascade all the way down to my bottom. Some day I will have long, luxiourious locks, but for today they will be quirky and short. Perhaps if the curls become tight corkscrew curls I could wear my hear in an afro type style and get my nose pierced to match it. I'm not really sure if I would look good with a nose ring though. My nostrils don't really have much definition to them that most pierced noses look good with. I guess I could play around with the loops and studs. I already know I would prefer to have a stud. I guess we'll see.

My father and brother always had curly hair. Not the loose flowing kind but the Jewish kinky kind. It seems to suit them. Skinny hooked noses and curly ringlets excitedly trying to escape the earth's atmosphere, pointing any which way but down. I always adored my brother's hair. He would grow it out letting it be curly one month and tying it back in a pony tail the next month, and only to shave it all off the next. It must be freeing for him, to have the kind of tenacity it takes to do that with your hair. I admit I have done some radical things with my hair in the past - even shaving my own head - but nothing feels as good as letting my own natural curls spring forth.

No comments: