Saturday, October 27, 2007

Is he speaking to you?

Originally posted July 28, 2007


I just got back from a pretty nice local arts display. Lots of vendors around with BEAUTIFUL things to sell.
As I was walking around I began to notice all the other people's body types that were walking around past me. One lady's eyes were so swollen that they were almost shut! And she looked miserable as she was walking as if her poor 5' frame could barely hold the excess weight that she is carrying around her middle.
Another couple of women I saw were wide enough for 3 people. And a man looked like he was about to give birth to triplets! :shock:
Sigh...I used to think that people like that were just closet eaters and lacked exercise and if only they would exercise and stop eating fatty foods that they would be fine. I used to look down on them with a feeling of higher social status, but not now.
Not since having uncontrollable food cravings when I was pregnant with my daughter and craving salt so badly that if I didn't eat it I would physically get sick. I packed on so much weight during that pregnancy that my midwives were testing me for preeclampsi almost weekly because my health was declining so quickly and my dress size was increasing and I was puffy all over. I had SOOOO much water weight on my ankles that there was no definition from my calves to my feet.
After pregnancy I lost 80 lbs almost before I left the hospital. And when I got home I thought that all the symptoms I had had were normal since the midwives were telling me they couldn't figure out what was wrong. It wasn't until a dear friend kept mentioning that she thought I was hypothyroid and referred me to a website called www.stopthethyroidmadness.com that I really began to open my eyes to the possibility that what I was experiencing was NOT in fact, normal. I did have normal hypothyroid symptoms at least.

I have been recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue, and chemical sensitivity since finding the website and finding out how one should go about being diagnosed and treated for such ailments. I already had other hypo-related symptoms dating back as far as 10 years ago when I was at least 15 years old. If only I had not brushed the now apparent symptoms aside, I could have been living a much better life all these years.
But none the less I can now see how prevalent hormonal imbalances are in our society and if I happened to be in the right mood today I might have started talking to people about it, or just jumped up on a table and start preaching medical jargon at people.
But seriously, for a few minutes I was sooo sad. I kept seeing person after person that looked like what I described above and thinking how sad it is that so many people are unaware even of what a thyroid gland is and put way too much trust in what their Doctors tell them and what they don't tell them. Then for a few minutes I was mad. Mad at those money grubbing Pharm companies that push, push, push, their pills so much that it has become a staple for Doctors and instead of listening to their patients or even really LOOKING at them they just hand out RXs like candy and tell you "there’s nothing wrong with you except that your fat" and to "go lose 80 lbs and come back to see me." (which btw was said to me best friend a few weeks ago).
But I didn't stay mad for long. I know that there is a higher reason for the state our world is in and how corrupted our governments and pharmaceutical companies are. Everything has a reason and purpose in this life. Even illnesses serve a purpose.

Mark 10:17-27 (KJV)

" And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
And Jesus said unto him, Why callesst thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God.
Thou knowest the commandments, DO not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasur in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard it is for them that trust in riches enter into the kingdom of God!
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. "


Everything has a reason and purpose in this life. Even illness serves a purpose. And just like Jesus said to the rich man to carry his cross and follow Him, I believe that is God's Will for all man. God created mankind for His Glory and for His Will. And I need to learn to trust Him-even with my life- and I believe that even hardships which can be very painful and burdensome can be our calling to HIM. So I think that while it is good to seek out cures for medical ailments, it is also even better to be living in the Spirit. As even bitterness and anger can make us sick. God is speaking to me thru my medical journey.

Is He speaking to you?

No comments: